Tuesday 15 April 2014

Insecurities

Everyone has insecurities, whether it's your stomach or thighs, or maybe even the way your voice sounds. I've always been insecure about all of these things, as well as a bunch of other things. But I realise now more than I ever have, that everyone has insecurities, they may not show it but they're thinking about how their legs look in their shorts just as much as you do. 


For me, one of my biggest insecurities is my hands, I feel like they're kind of chubby and not as and just really unattractive. Since starting the job I have now, with all the burns and cuts and scars I've gained, I like the way they look. Not because I like that they're scarred or cut, but because I feel like this job is a life experience that's reflected on my hands.

It's okay to be insecure, we're all going to have bumps and bruises we don't like, but they're part of life and they make us who we are. We might not like our thighs or our stomaches, but someone will. Someone will look at us, and fall in love. Being insecure doesn't make you insufficient or unworthy, it just means you have a healthy amount of doubt. Keeping that in mind though, we need to love ourselves before we can love anyone else. We need to learn to love our insecurities, even if it does end up being a love/hate relationship. 

Another important thing to remember is that everyone has insecurities, even the most confident people. I feel like to a lot of people I come across as having my life very put together, but I'm always so worried that I'm inadequate when it comes to school, and when I speak to people I'm always worried that they're going to judge what I say. But slowly I've learned to not care as much. Obviously I still make an effort, but if someone doesn't like what I say or judges me for how I say it, then I'm not going to waste my time on them. 

Be friends with people who don't pick at your insecurities, who don't think that your insecurities define you. Be with people who make you forget about those little things you don't like about yourself. In the end, it comes down to you and how you choose to react to insecurities, but being around positive people makes it a lot better to deal with. Positivity breeds positivity. 

I hope you liked this post! And remember, you're just as beautiful as the next person, there isn't one solid mould of 'beauty'. 

post signature
goodreads // tumblr // twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment