Sunday 13 April 2014

Favourite Quotes #1

I've been trying to come up with ideas about what to post today, and in the end I decided to do a post about my favourite quotes. Whenever I read eBooks, I always take advantage of the notes and highlight feature, I really like saving my favourite quotes that way. I usually only find 3-4 per book, but it's something I enjoy. I wouldn't dare highlight one of my physical copies! Plus, not all my favourite quotes are from books. Anyway, without further ado, here are my favourite quotes!


"The only way to survive eternity is to be able to appreciate each moment." -Lauren Kate, Fallen

This quote is more or less a beautiful rendition of live in the moment. We don't know when our time will end, or what's around the corner, but what we do know is that at least we have today. Live in the moment, be spontaneous, don't put things you really want to do on hold, do them now because you never know when you'll get the chance again. 


"Some things aren't meant to be known. Only believed."-Mary E. Pearson, The Adoration of Jenna Fox

We're so caught up on proving everything, we have to find evidence that this exists and that exists, or this is real and that is real. There's very little that people just believe in these days, without trying to prove or disprove. Like other lifeforms (or aliens) for example, sure it'd be great to know that there are actually other living lifeforms out there, but the universe is extraordinary, we can't possibly know where it ends and it's completely legitimate to believe that there are others out there.


"I don't know a perfect person. I only know flawed people who are still worth loving." -John Green

I think this day and age is full of unrealistic ideas and expectations. Flaws are what make us original, people fall in love with them. Imperfection does not mean weakness or inadequacy, it makes you original, different and completely loveable. If everyone was the same, what would be the point of love? What would there be to fall in love with?

This is kind of a deep post, and I have plenty other favourite quotes that are a lot more light hearted, but I didn't think they really went well. Maybe next time! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this post! Something pretty different to my previous posts, but I was thinking of doing these once a month, let me know what you think in the comments!
post signature
goodreads // tumblr // twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment