Saturday 13 September 2014

Books Around the World #1: Shadow & Bone

While I was on instagram earlier I realised how covers vary around the world and thought maybe I'd turn it into a series of some kind on my blog. I'm not sure if anyone else has done this - they probably have, but its still fun to do! :)  So to start this off, I decided to go with the first book in the Grisha trilogy - Shadow and Bone!


I really like all of these covers, but I think the German cover is beautiful. The rest of the series is just as attractive. I find it interesting that they differ so much, the UK version even has a different name! If you're after any of these versions, you can find them on Amazon or The Book Depository. If you haven't heard of the Shadow and Bone you can find the synopsis below!

The Shadow Fold, a swathe of impenetrable darkness, is slowly destroying the once-great nation of Ravka. 

Alina, a pale, lonely orphan, discovers a unique power that thrusts her into the world of the kingdom's magical elite - the Grisha. Could she be the key to setting Ravka free? 

The Darkling, a man of seductive charm and terrifying power. If Alina is to fulfil her destiny, she must unlock her gift and face up to her dangerous attraction to him.

But what of Mal, Alina's childhood best friend? As Alina contemplates her dazzling new future, why can't she ever quite forget him?

If you're interested in reading it, definitely check it out on goodreads! I do believe it's high fantasy, but I may be wrong. The world building is fantastic, and the characters are amazing. One especially ;)  As much as the synopsis makes it sound heavily romance based - its not. I was a lot more focused on the kick ass characters and amazing storyline, though the romance is a great added extra. The series only gets better!

Let me know down below if you like this kind of post and if you've read Shadow and Bone - what did you think of it?


post signature
goodreads // tumblr // twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment